YOuth Resources

If you need immediate help, please contact one of the follow services:

  • If TEXTING works best:  Text "HOME" to 741-741 (The Crisis Text Line), a crisis counselor will text you back to help.

  • If TALKING works best:  Call 1-800-448-3000 (Boys Town Hotline) to talk to a counselor. 

Otherwise check out the resources below to help with a variety of issues, whether the person in need is you, a friend, or a loved one.

Online and National Resources

Above the Influence

Above the Influence  has answers to questions whether the person in need of help is a parent, a friend, or you.  They have links to crisis help lines, FAQs, and more. 

The Trevor Project

The Trevor Project is a crisis support center that focuses on the needs of LGBTQ+ youth.  You can contact them through phone, text, chat, or even an online forum.

National Association for Children of Alcoholics

Being the child of someone with a substance abuse problem can be extremely challenging.  NACOA has information and tools for you.

School Student Assistance Providers

Brattleboro Union High School* - 802-451-3452 - or email Hanako here

Brattleboro Area Middle School - 802-451-3500 - or email Lauren here

Bellows Falls Union High School* - 802-463-3944 - or email Heather here

Bellows Falls Middle School - 802-463-4366 -  or email Heather here

Leland & Gray - 802-365-7355 - or email Jaclyn here

Twin Valley Middle/High School* - 802-368-2880 - or email Dawn here

*Not On Tobacco (NOT) Smoking Cessation Program offered in these schools