Rx DRugs and Opiods
Community Opioid Response (COR) Committee
Drug Disposal Sites
For the safety of your loved ones it is important that you dispose of unwanted and expired Rx drugs in one of the Prescription Drop Boxes located in your town. Note that these will not take LIQUID medicines. Liquid medicines should be mixed with coffee grounds or cat litter and disposed of in the normal trash collection. Look for your disposal site below:
- Brattleboro Police Department - 230 Main St, #111, Brattleboro
- Bellows Falls Police Department - 170 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls
- Windham County Sheriff's Department - 11 Jail St, Newfane
- Dover Police Department - 246 VT Route 100, West Dover
- Willmington Police Department - 2 East Main St., Wilmington
- Windhall Town Police Department - 113 VT Rt. 30, Bondville
Most people who abuse prescription painkillers get them from friends or family – often straight out of the medicine cabinet. By ensuring the safe use, storage and disposal of prescription drugs, you can help make sure drugs don't get into the wrong hands, or pollute our waterways and wildlife.
Parents, grandparents, and other family members are often the first source of the perscription drugs that youth abuse, and they don't even know it. This campaign seeks to raise awareness of the need to lock, track, and dispose of your Rx medicines in a safe manner.